Our commitment to protecting and preserving the environment begins with our Environmental Health & Safety Policy, which establishes the corporate expectation for performance and individual accountability. Conducting business in an environmentally sustainable manner with minimal impact to our communities is a company priority.
Our environmental awareness training programs educate our managers and employees in the environmental impacts of their jobs and in the methods to sustain the company’s high level of environmental performance.
Environmental Health and Safety Policy
Consistent with our mission to provide value added construction materials and service of the highest quality, Boston Sand and Gravel recognizes the protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the public to be critical priorities. We are therefore committed to the following principles:
- We will require that our operations are conducted responsibly to promote environmental sustainability, conserve finite resource, protect the environment and ensure safe work practice at our facilities, contractor sites and on public ways.
- We will operate our business to attain the highest quality in our products, our service and our compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety regulations
- We will integrate sustainability measures and environmental, health and safety into our business planning.
- We will continue to evaluate improvement in our product quality, customer service, employee training and environmental, and health and safety performance.
All Boston Sand and Gravel Company managers, supervisors and employees are responsible for the environmental, health and safety requirements of their jobs and for compliance with the provisions of this policy. Supervisors must ensure and will be held accountable for compliance. Boston Sand and Gravel management will provide the necessary resources to ensure company wide adherence to this policy.
- Water Conservation – We have installed water collection and recycling systems at all our MA ready mix and NH aggregate plants to reduce water withdrawal from municipal supplies, wells and rivers. Our Boston facility alone conserves nearly 500,000 gal of water each month by recycling and reusing gray water from its concrete processing operations.